The Best Bronzers and Contours For Fair Skin


Back to beauty with this blog post. This is all things bronzers and contours; more specifically, the best bronzers and contours for fair skin. When you are as fair as they come like myself it is so easy to look like you've got a stripe of mud across your face or like you're an oompa loompa. 

Before I get into the specific products I just want to outline how to choose the perfect colour for you skin tone. I, for example, am rather cool in tone, so I have a lot more pink in my skin, so all my contours are cool toned. If you have warmer skin then you will need a warmer contour or else you'll look muddy.
You can tell if you are cool or warm by your veins. If you look on the inside of your wrist and your veins look blue you are cool toned, if they are more green you are warm toned.

My first recommendation is actually 'Mac's Eyeshadow in Omega'. This is a neutral sightly cool toned taupe shade that is brilliant for natural definition under the cheekbones. It doesn't have a lot of pigment but can be built up, so it's great if you are a beginner or less confident with contouring. Also, it's more of a drier formula so it can be slightly harder to blend, but given the lower pigment is nothing that a little more blending can't fix. This also double as a great eyebrow colour if you're blonde.

Next is 'Makeup Geek's contour shade in Break Up'. Makeup geek have a great range of 8 contour shades, from porcelain to deep, warm and cool, so you'll definitely find one for you. I have porcelain cool, which is actually more of a neutral tone, but it is the perfect contour for me. It has great pigment but blends seamlessly as well.

'Nyx's HD Blush in Taupe' is another cool toned shade. On this skin, this comes up significantly darker than the Makeup Geek one, so this is great for a stronger contour. I wear this when I want my contour to be a little more sharp. This is great for nights out or special occasions when you're going all out. This is also extremely pigmented, so you'll have to be careful as a little goes a long way.

Now I have a cream contour recommendation. It is the 'Maybelline Master Contour Stick in 01 Light'. This is another great one for beginners because creams look more natural and are easier to blend in general. This one in particular comes out quite strong but blends away naturally, so don't be scared of applying a generous amount. A lovely one for natural days or for layering a powder over top, to make sure it lasts all day.

Onto bronzers, first is the 'Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil'. As you can see from the pictures below, this is extremely warmer and may look orange but don't be scared, it is beautiful for giving an overall bronze look to the face. This it matte but has an almost glow to it. When I wear it, I always think my skin looks so healthy and natural, like I've naturally got a bit of colour. As a bonus, this smells absolutely amazing, honestly like chocolate.

Next is 'Maybelline's Master Sculpt', which is advertised as a contour. If you are warmer in tone this will work brilliant as a contour for you.  This is too warm for me as a contour but brilliant as a bronzer. It is sheerer in pigment but builds beautifully on the skin, another great one for beginners. This also comes in a duo with a beautiful highlight.

Lastly is 'Rimmel's Sculpting Palette in #002'. This is a lovely neutral tone so is great for adding colour all over the face but it can be used to contour as well. This is another product that is matte but gives the skin almost a healthy glow. It has a good amount of pigment and blends into the skin lovely as well. I love this palette as it also comes with a highlight and a blush, which are both as equally lovely. This is usually in my makeup bag as it is so easy to grab and it is great for travel.


Thanks for reading, if you have any great bronzers or contours, please let me know. I love trying new ones x


0 comments