Summer to Autumn Makeup


Ahhh, Autumn. My favourite time of year. I am not a fan of hot weather, and I am a grumpy, sweaty mess throughout summer. Don't get me wrong I love a nude glossy lip and a pair of oversized sunglasses, but I am much more of a fan of the colder weather, the cosier clothes and hot drinks. Most importantly I love autumn/winter makeup, of rust browns and berry reds. Here are the products I love for transitioning my makeup routine from summer to autumn.



When the colder months arrive, I much prefer a heavier coverage foundation and I love the Mac Studio Fix Fluid. This has a matte finish but it doesn't cling to dry patches or look flat, so I can still wear it, even with my dry skin.

Everybody knows that when autumn comes, everyone starts to loose their summer tan, so I don't want to have to buy another shade of my foundation, so I swear by the Body Shop Lightening Drops. You mix a few drops in with your foundation and you have your perfect paler shade.

When it comes to blush, I think a pink or berry blush looks more flattering when it gets colder, so it looks like you've got that chilly weather flush. My favourite pink blush at the moment is Benefit's Dandelion.

In the summer a bronze, highlighted skin is often worn, however in autumn, it is more popular to have a slightly more contoured complexion. I have two options, first is the Maybelline Master Contour Stick. This gives a lovely natural contour that can be built up however much you want. I also love the Mac All The Right Angles contour palette. This has a lovely contour shade and a powder and cream highlight, both of which are more on the natural side, so more appropriate for autumn/winter.

Eyebrows are always a hot topic, but I tend to define and fill my brows in more when the cold hits. I love a pomade for this and Freedom's Brow Pomade is brilliant is it's only £5!

Eyeshadows are deeper and matte shades are favourited this time of year. I have spoken about this palette before but Smashbox's Full Exposure Palette have an amazing range of mattes. Also Nars' Eyeshadow Duo in Kalahari, has two gorgeous autumn browns, one shimmer and one satin. This duo just screams autumn to me.

I love wearing these nars colours with a deep brown lip. My favourite is the Jeffree Star Chrome collection liquid lipstick in 'Family Jewels'. This collection is limited edition but if you hurry you still may be able to grab it. If not, Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Rome is an extremely similar shade. For a lipstick bullet option, Bourjois' Rouge Edition lipstick in '04 Rose Tweed'. Is a gorgeous, deep nude. I don't tend to crack out the red's too often until the festive season.

So these are my makeup picks for autumn. Let me know if there are any products you crack out this time of year. Thanks for reading x

0 comments