Pretty Skull Makeup!


Today's post starts the most exciting week of my blog so far. Halloween is one of my favourite times of year, I love love love it. The main thing I love being halloween makeup. Fake blood, prosthetics, wigs. Experimenting with halloween makeup really drives my creativity.

Not everyone has the money, skill or time to create prosthetic masterpieces so this week I have 7 super easy halloween looks you can create with products you already own that require no skill and take little to no time.

I thought I would start things off with a pretty look, so today's makeup is a super easy, pretty skull!



I started by applying the dermacol makeup cover foundation as normal to give me a flawless base and seeing as this has such high coverage I didn't feel the need to use concealer. Then I powdered my face, with Rimmel's match perfection loose powder, for a matte finish. I then filled in my brows as usual and then started the fun part!!
I took a deep matte pink from the MUA Tropical Oceana palette to contour my cheekbones and forehead. Once I built the colour up to my desire, I used a medium matte purple from the same palette to add more depth to the contour. I then used the same purple to create a triangle shape on my nose.
For the eyes, I used the same MUA palette. I used the deep matte pink through the crease. I then added the darkest matte purple from the palette, for more definition. As I applied the shadows in the crease, I swept them down towards the bridge of my nose and straight up towards my brows. I then applied the lightest purple shimmer all over my lids and then mixed 'bootycall' from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette over top. I mixed the deepest pink and purple together and run them along the lower lash line and added a touch of mascara. To finish the eye makeup, I added a wing and some lashes.

For the lips I used the Nyx Vivid Brights Liner in 'violet' to create lines from my top lip to bottom to create teeth. Then I filled the 'teeth' in using MUA's luxe velvet colour enhance in 'Lip Basecoat'. To give the teeth some dimension, I lightly applied the same matte pink from the eye makeup above and below the teeth.
For a finishing touch, I added a swipe of white lip lacquer to my cheekbones and above my brows to highlight, and then used the purple from Sleek's solstice palette over top.

And voila. Finished. No prosthetics or costume makeup needed. Super simple and super quick!


I hope you enjoy this look and try it for yourself! There will be a makeup look every day this week so keep an eye out for more posts to come!
Thanks for reading!

3 comments

  1. Blooming ek Jess you scared me lol
    Great make up o ly wish i had a halloween party to go to lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry! Didn't mean to frighten you!;)
      Any time you have a party of any kind, me and my makeup are here if you want us!xx

      Delete