Stitched mouth makeup.


Day 4.

I thought I would give you a mixture of pretty and spooky makeup looks this Halloween. You've already had pretty, so today's is a little more creepy. I decided on a stitched mouth. This is so effective, yet super easy to achieve.

To begin with, you want a natural base so a little foundation, a touch of concealer, and set it all with powder. I applied a little bronzer to give me some colour and then added a slight highlight but nothing too intense.

For eyes, I wanted to create tears, so I kept the eyeshadow minimal so to not take away from the crying effect. I used my bronzer and lightly swept it through the crease for slight definition. Then I used a light champagne all over the lid and thats it. Then I applied some lashes but peeled back a couple of corners, so it really looks like I've cried them off!

I took my blush and buffed this under my eyes, to make my eyes look irritated. For the tears, I smudge a small amount of black shadow under the eye and then took a clear gloss onto a small brush and ran it over the top and dragged the colour down. The messier the better at this point.

I lightly filled my brows in so they don't look too defined. Then I took the same blush and swept t in a line either side of my mouth. For the lips, I ran a little of a black liquid lipstick on the inner part of my top and bottom lips and smudged them together. Then I used a black liquid liner to create the stitches. I used this instead of a wire so that you can still talk and drink.

Above and below each stitch I drew a little black dot and then went over the top with a little fake blood. This didn't come out too well so I now know I could of added more. Then I took my blush one last time and ran it all around my mouth for added irritation.

And you're done.

This is a great look and without the lips and tears you have a great everyday makeup look. So if you need to head to a party straight for work, take a few products with you and add them on the way to your party!
Day to night, well, day to halloween.

Today is my sisters graduation, so I'm super busy, so stay tuned for me to update with the products I used.
Hope you enjoyed this look. Thanks for reading x

0 comments