Autumn Lips and Nails


Have I mentioned that I love Autumn? Yes? No? Maybe? Definitely. You are all going to be bored of me and my obsession with this season. Sorry, not sorry.
I absolutely live for the deep plums and reds that seem so much more appropriate this time of year. Who doesn't love a statement lip? I thought I'd share with you my favourite lip colours and nail polishes that I crack out as soon as October hits. 

A dark brown lipstick is a staple in my autumn makeup collection and this year my favourite is the 'Sleek VIP Lipstick in Show Off'. It is a deep rich brown with red undertones. Looks amazing with a simple or smokey eye and suits any skin tone. For deeper skins, it will be a flattering nude.

For an Autumnal nude lipstick, I love 'Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria'. It's a brown toned nude that is like the little sister of the Sleek Lipstick, the same tone yet a little lighter. So flattering this time of year, still autumnal yet not as bold as a deep red or brown. A great option if you're a little scared of a super bold lip.


An usual choice is 'Colourpop's Ultra Matte Lip in Trap'. I usually lean towards the warmer tones in Autumn, however this cool, mauve grey lip colour, it still looks gorgeous with a warm smokey eye. The Colourpop liquid lips are the best liquid lips that I have tried. They have amazing colours, great payoff and are insanely long wearing.

My last lip pick is a red. Everyone needs at least one red in their collection. A recent addition to my collection, yet my favourite ever red is the 'Nars Audacious Lipstick in Olivia'. This is a deep blue tone red, so is flattering on every skin tone and will make your teeth look white. These lipsticks may be slightly pricer by are totally worth it, they are so comfortable on the lips and have a slight sheen to them.


For nail colours I love a plum and I have been loving the 'OPI Nail Polish in Black Cherry Chutney'. It is a dark plum with a shimmer running through it. Such a lovely nail polish that catches the light.


A red favourite is the 'No7 Gel Polish in Deep Wine'. This polish really does give a high shine effect. So glossy and shiny! The shade is as it says, a deep red wine. I never have any problems with No7 nail polishes, they are great and affordable! Win Win!

Lastly is a Ted Baker nail polish. I received this in a Christmas gift set last year, and it doesn't have a name, however I did own 'Essie Urban Jungle Nail Polish' which is pretty much identical. A pastel grey that screams Autumn, without being too dark or grungy.


These products are on rotate all Autumn and are pretty much the only lip and nail colours I wear. These colours are also perfect to wear through Winter too. I hope you like this post and get some inspiration for your next purchase. Let me know what your favourite lip and nail shades are. I love trying new ones!

Thanks for reading! x

0 comments