Black Friday Haul

Black Friday, the day of the year every shopaholic looks forward to. The idea is to take advantage of the deals and buy as much as possible, right? Well it is according to the hundred and one emails I had, telling me of endless deals. So I caved.


I placed an order on my favourite makeup site, Beauty Bay. To begin with, I was quite restrained. I thought, seeing as it's nearly Christmas, and there are many presents I'm yet to buy, I'll order a palette I had been after for the longest time. The 'Makeup Geek In The Nude Palette'. The shades in this palette scream my name. However, it is another beautiful, yes, but standard neutral palette. I'd ummed and ahhed about purchasing this for a while but what struck the deal for me was the 4 exclusive to the palette shades. Once again, they are your standard neutral matte shades, but what is it about exclusive or limited editions, that make products a must buy? Can anyone relate?
Despite this, it is a stunning palette, with both warm and cool toned shadows, that I will use on the daily.



After making this order, I then thought about the other products I'd wanted to try, so when I saw how much cheaper they were, I made another order!

The LA Girl Pro Concealer is an extremely hyped up, affordable concealer that I'd had my eyes on for a while. I purchased the lightest shade in 'Porcelain' and the corrector shade 'Peach' for correcting the darkness under my eyes. I've had a play around with these and so far so good.

I also noticed the Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks had some money off, so I jumped at the chance of buying the shade 'Mannequin'. My lips are naturally quite dark and this liquid lip is a lovely dark nude that almost matches my lip shade.


Lastly, I grabbed a few colours of Makeup Geeks Eyeshadows to fit into my Z Palette. I decided on 'Glamorous', an orange gold shimmer, 'Early Bird' a matte burnt orange and 'Pocket Change' a bronze shimmer. Along with the signature shades, I picked up a shadow in their foiled range, 'Legend'. It's a lot like Glamorous, but more bronze and more pigmented.


Overall, it was not exactly a 'splurge' but I treated myself to a few things I wanted to try out. They all seem like great products on first impressions but I will report back after I've had more of a play around. 
Comment below what goodies you picked up on Black Friday. Thanks for reading!x 

2 comments

  1. You did so well! I love that LA Girl Concealer - I use Porcelain. I didn't even think to check Beauty Bay for a Black Friday sale - raging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it so far, may have to grab a darker one to contour with! What a shame- beauty Bay had great deals, they often do though so keep an eye out! x

      Delete