Festive Reds and Golds


The ultimate Christmas look is a gold eye and red lip right? Well thats what I love to rock this time of year, so I have got three red lipsticks and three gold shadows that I feel are a must in your collection at Christmas time. 

For eyes the best gold eyeshadow ever, is the 'Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half Baked'. This is a very yellow based, true gold. This is amazing with bronze, glowy skin in summer and with a red lip in winter. An all rounder. I have this in the Naked Palette however you can buy it as a single. A shadow I always go back to.

Next is the 'Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in KathleenLights'. This is a orange gold that you would probably usually see in the summer time, however I think this gold looks beautiful with a wing liner and bold lip in winter. The formula of these shadows are a dream. They are a cream to powder and blend like no other. 

Last for shadows is 'Mac's Eyeshadow in Woodwinked'. All these golds are different, and this is more of a bronze gold. Once again looks amazing with a bold lip and liner, however this gold is a more wearable gold so would look amazing with big lashes and a nude lip if you aren't brave enough for a red. 


My favourite of the red lipsticks I'm going to recommend is 'Clinique's Pop Lip Colour in Cherry Pop'. I mentioned my love for this a couple of weeks ago on my Instagram. It is a bright red that just screams Christmas to me. It has a lovely glossy finish but has unbelievable staying power. This looks just as perfect after eating, as it does when I applied it. I am definitely going to be expanding my collection of these beauties. 

A budget friendly option is the 'Rimmel The One Matte Lipstick in The Matte Factor'. That's a bit of a tongue twister. This is a true blue based red, so a great red for making your teeth look whiter. This is (obviously) a matte finish, however it doesn't last as long as the Clinique? A little strange, but it does wear off beautiful and does still last a fair amount of time. You can't go wrong with this lipstick.

Last but not least is the 'Nars Audacious Lipstick in Olivia'. It has a slight sheen to it and although this is a Burgundy red and much darker than the others, I find this can be easier to wear than a bright red. A true winter red that looks amazing with lots of glitter. A bit pricer than the other options but well worth the money. 

Colourpop 'KathleenLights'                             Mac 'WoodWinked'                          Urban Decay 'Half Baked'
           Nars 'Olivia'                                         Clinique 'Cherry Pop'                         Rimmel 'The Matte Factor'

 I hope you liked this post and have found a lipstick or shadow to grab for Christmas Day or any festive parties! Let me know which is your favourite. Thanks for reading!x




0 comments