2017 Beauty Favourites

Hello my lovelies! I discovered a lot of beauty gems last year and re discovered some old favourites. I am aware that we are over a week into January but I still want to share with you my 2017 beauty favourites. I have left out skincare in this post because I will be sharing my winter skincare routine with you all soon.


Starting with primer, I tested and liked a few in 2017, but one really stood out amongst them all; the Hourglass No.28 Primer. The formula is almost like an oil, so very moisturising but maybe not that great for an oiler skin type. I found this just glided over my skin and as well as prolonging the wear of my makeup, it made it sit a lot nicer on the skin.
If you are a regular reader. it will be no surprised to you, that my top foundation of 2017 was the Dermacol Makep Cover Foundation. I only purchased this in late September, however this has been my go to since I brought it. It is extremely full coverage but makes you look absolutely perfect. Yass Girl, bring on the cake face!
If I didn't want the amount of coverage that Dermacol gives, then I would reach for the Nyx Mineral Stick Foundation. It is a light coverage with a natural so slightly dewy finish. I love this Foundation for natural makeup days and a great one for school!

A concealer I have absolutely adored is the L.A Girl Pro Coverage Concealer. Another recent addition, but one that I have used daily. I have the shade porcelain which is the lightest and I must say, at my palest, it is a tad too dark. Keep in mind, if you are super fair, the colours may not be the best for you, however they do have a lightening shade, that I will be purchasing. 

The bronzer that came out on top by far, is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer. I have raved about this enough on my blog but it is just such a great shade for my porcelain skin. It also smells devine-- like actual chocolate.
I wasn't a massive blush fan in 2017, but if I wore it, there was only one. The Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in '05 Lovely Pink'e. Its a beautiful sheer pink, with a slight sheen running through it.


Of course the Sleek Highlight Palette had to be mentioned. If you want a blinding highlight (or 4), for just £9.99, look no further than the Sleek palettes.
My preferred highlight is one that can be seen from space, but this year I have fallen in love with Mac's Cream Colour Base in 'Pearl'. This is a very subtle highlight, but if you press it onto your cheekbones with your finger, it gives a lit from within look.

For eyes, the Maybelline Lash Sensational remains my number one mascara. I have become a usual wearer of false eyelashes this year but the Lash Sensational is the only mascara I wear on non-false lash days.
I continue to love the Nyx Eyebrow Gel in Blonde, and I have discovered the Anastasia Brow Pomade in Soft Brown. They are very similar in consistency, but I have to say the Nyx Gel in longer lasting. Having said that, I prefer the Anastasia Brow Pomade. They are both great for that super structured brow.


When it comes to eyeshadow, I always favour palettes over singles, but I tried Colourpop Eyeshadows for the first time in 2017 and I was blown away. They are a cream to powder formula and have amazing pigmentation and only $5. The shimmers and glitters are so much more intense when applied with a finger. Overall they are a dream. The shades that are shown are Cornelious and Kathleen Lights.

For palettes I have three! I tried to whittle it down to two but it was impossible. I'll start with the smallest. The Makeup Geek In The Nude Palette. This palette is every neutral lovers dream. There are nine shades, six mattes, 2 foiled and a shimmer. I cannot wait for wedding and prom season to create some looks with this palette. Makeup Geek shadows are a must in my collection and this palette is a staple! I am considering taking this on holiday with me, for my eyeshadows.


Another favourite, that seems to be a 2017 favourite of every blogger, is the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette. This is the most versatile of all the palettes I'm going to mention and the most colourful. This is for those of you who love warm tone shadows. You can create a million and one looks with this palette and the formula, the same as all morphe shadows, is incredibly pigmented and easy to blend. 

The last palette is the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette. I love the formula of these eyeshadows and they smell like peach! II'm not a massive fan of the purples and green in this palette but I really like the matte shades 'Puree' and 'Summer Yum' and I particularly love the shades 'Luscious' and 'Caramelised'. I have used these two shades to death but I have still not hit pan!


Last year I fell in love with Lip Liner. I usually grab a lip colour and slap it on, but I like the way using lip liner helps to slightly define your lips. I can cheat a slightly plumper lip and I love the way it looks. My favourite brands for lip liners have been Mac and Essence. I'm not mentioning specific colours, just the line in general. Both Mac and Essence lip liners are super pigmented and soft, so they don't drag on your lips.

For lipstick, I have rediscovered an old favourite. Mac's lipstick in 'Honeylove'. This is my perfect nude. It is a matte finish, which is my favourite finish from Mac, and super creamy. I also tried a shade from Clinique's Colour Pop range; Cherry Pop. This was my red of choice throughout the festive season. It is a satin finish but stayed put like no other. I had lunch out the first time I wore it, and it looked just as good after I'd eaten as it did when I first applied it. Very impressed! I will be expanding my colour range soon.

Lastly for lips is a liquid lipstick. Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick. Again, I'm talking about the range in general as opposed to a specific colour, but I have Mannequin pictured. Ive never been a fan of liquid lipsticks because I have naturally very dry lips, but these sit on the lips beautifully and are very comfortable to wear. 


I am quite boring when it comes to hair but I did find an incredible hair product last year. I am a lazy girl, so I have thousands of bottles of dry shampoo lying around, but when I saw Batiste had a rose gold variation, I had to try it, and I am so glad I did. I love batiste and the brand is my go to for dry shampoo but this version makes my hair feel clean as well as look clean. It has a lovely feminine floral scent too. This is also amazing for giving volume to the hair. I spray it in and scrunch my hair up, for a little texture.


Lastly is my fake tan of the year. I first tried the He Shi 1 hour rapid tan, which has a lovely colour and is a great choice if you are in a rush. However I found I had to leave it on for 3-4 hours for a decent colour, and I am extremely pale. My best friend recommended Bondi Sands, and I'm so glad she did. I picked up the Bondi Self Tanning Foam in Dark. I went to dark instead of medium because when I fake tan, I like it to be dark. 
Firstly, I prefer the constisntecy of a foam, because it dries quicker and it has better colour payoff so you can see where you have applied the product and the areas that still need it. Secondly, the colour. It is a lovely olive toned tan, so theres no chance of your legs looking like giant cheesy puffs (anyone know the film?😉). Also, it has a gorgeous coconut scent, but it is very strong so if you're not a fan of strange scents, this is something to keep in mind.

Overall I loved this tan and can't wait for the warmer weather to whack it back on.


There you have my 2017 beauty favourites. As I say I will be doing a winter skincare routine with my current favourites so keep an eye out for that. I hope you enjoyed this post and have some inspiration for your next purchase.

Tell me what you loved in 2017 in the comments below and I'll talk to you in my next post. Thanks for reading! x

0 comments