Winter Skincare Routine

As I promised on Tuesday, tonight's post is my winter skincare routine. I've mentioned in the past how dry my skin is, but when winter hits, the dryness hits another level. My nose and forehead, in particular, become flaky and well, not very attractive. Having said that, I have finally found some real skin saviours for when the cold weather hits, so my skin can still look its best. 


You'll notice from my picks that I highly favour Liz Earle and Garnier for skincare. Both brands have a wide range for any skin type and neither brands will break the bank either. It's a win win! I haven't included my makeup remover in the pictures, but if you are curious, I use the Garnier Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water
Moving straight onto cleansing, I swear by the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser. I dabble in trying new ones every now and then but I always come back to this. It is a lovely natural cleanser that works for all skin types and all ages. If I don't want to take my makeup off with a separate cleanser, I will use this all over my made up face and wash off with a damp muslin cloth, then I'll use it a second time to cleanse.
Two-three times a week I exfoliate using the L'Oreal Pure Clay Glow Scrub. It is a gritty scrub with tons of beads to give the skin a thorough exfoliate. The scrub contains three different clays to brighten and freshen the skin. If you are more oily, this will still work for you, however you may only want to use it once a week.
After cleansing I tone my skin using the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic. I think the reason I love Liz Earle so much is because all of their products are natural. They use ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Rosemary, so you aren't packing toxic ingredients onto your skin. The skin tonic is a lovely refreshing water that tones (as the name suggests) and soothes the skin. It also has a heavenly scent, so perfect to relax you before bed.


Once I have cleansed and toned and my skin is feeling super clean, I go in with my moisturiser. My moisturiser of choice, is again, the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser. I have the dry/sensitive one. This moisturiser is reasonably lightweight but leaves your skin feeling incredibly hydrated. I use this morning and night. My makeup always applies nicely and looks flawless when I've used this and I can always see a difference in my skin in the morning, when I've used this the night before.

I also have the Garnier Moisture Bomb Multi-Protecting Hydrating Mist. This is a really fine mist that leaves a layer of hydration on the skin. It is perfect for o makeup days to give your skin a little boos throughout the day. The tin says that you can wear it over makeup too, but I haven't ever used it like that.

Lastly for my daily skincare is my eye cream. The one I am using at the moment is the Simple Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm. It is a light feeling oily balm that soothes and relaxes tired eyes. I only use this of a night time. I don't find the need for it in the morning.


Once a week I love to pamper myself. I have a bath and I always use a face mask. The two pictured above are my current favourites. First is the Garnier Moisture Bomb Super Hydrating Soothing Tissue Mask. This is a sheet mask that you place over your face, and wait the directed amount of time. I love this because although you look absolutely crazy, it gives a real spa like feel. This leaves a thick layer of moisture on your face that you massage into the skin once you have peeled the sheet off.

The other mask is more of a problem clearing mask. It is the Garnier Pore Minimiser Volcano Mask. This mask heats up on the skin and leaves the skin feeling super smooth. It helps to clear breakouts and reduces the appearance and texture of pores.

There you have it. My current skincare favourites and my winter routine. If you have dry skin like myself, please let me know what you use. I am always on the hunt for new products to try.

Thanks for reading!x




0 comments