My Favourite Summer Lip Combinations



Hey guys. It has been a hot minute since I last uploaded. A good four months! I've had some time off of blogging but now I am back and exciting to get this going again. To kick this back off I am sharing with you my favourite summer lip combinations. I have a nude, some pinks, an orange and a red so something for everyone. 

Before we begin. Yes, I am wearing my beauty and the beast pyjamas. Makeup and Disney. You can't get more me than this! Moving on.

I'll start with the nude, everyone loves a good nude right? This combination is the Tanya Burr lipstick in 'Bear Hug' and the Tanya Burr lipgloss in 'Lunch Date'. I can't find this lipgloss online but they still have them in Superdrug stores. In the summer, I like a simple nude without and lipliner and finish with a gloss. It looks so much lighter and fresher so I love the combination of these two and both are beautiful worn individually too.




I'm not usually one for pink lips but recently they have been a must-have. I've been on a spree of buying mac lipsticks lately, and my newest addition is Chatterbox. This is the perfect fuschia pink that I pair with 'Mac's lipliner in Soar'. Soar is a deeper pink with a mauve undertone so it slightly deepens the lipstick when applied all over the lips. I, however, prefer to use the liner just to outline my lips and then apply chatterbox all over and it creates a beautiful gradient.


Possibly my favourite combination in this blog post is a bright coral-orange. Because I am so fair I never thought I could wear orange tones but actually, I think this lipstick is my favourite out of all the lipsticks I own. The lipstick in question is 'Mac Vegas Volts'. It is described as a 'full power coral', but it definitely leans a little more orange on me. I like to pair this with a faint outline of Essence's lipliner in 'in the nude'. These are a fab pair and one I will be wearing A LOT. 


Now, we all own a deep berry for autumn winter right? But who doesn't love a vibrant pillar box red in the summer? This 'Giorgio Armani lipstick in Gio 300' is a beautiful bright red that has slight orange undertones. It matches perfectly to the 'Essence lipliner in Femme Fatale'. As you may be able to tell, I love Essence lipliners and they are so affordable! I often wear this combination on its own as this lipstick has a slight sheen to it but if I want an extra glossy lip, I apply 'No7's Lipgloss in Roaring Red' over the top. This gives you an intense gloss finish and is beautiful during the warmer months. 
This range of Essence lipliners are no longer available, but the brand has other lipliner lines to choose from. All are fab!

I have swatched all the combinations on my lips below. I hope you enjoyed this post and love these colours as much as I do. Thanks for reading!! x

Tanya Burr Lipstick and Gloss        Mac Lipliner and Lipstick

Essence Lipliner and Mac      Essence Liner Armani Lipstick
Lipstick                                    and No7 Gloss

0 comments